Friday, September 2, 2016

blog-tember day 1 - it's me, Emily!

Hello! Have you guys heard of blog-tember? It's a blogging challenge to blog every day in the month of September with different prompts to help you out. I'm going for it! I have been blogging personally since 2006 and clearly my blogging has waned thanks to Instagram and snapchat. BUT, I still love the idea, so here we go!

ALL ABOUT ME

I'm Emily- 29 years old, living just a short 12 minutes from the house where I grew up. As someone who wanted to get away from home and start a new life, I sometimes find it hard to believe I'm here where I grew up raising my own kids! I still get the itch quite often to move to another state- even across the country, but the logistics always get in the way. Jobs? Selling our house? Moving? Bleh.

I LOVE television, but generally don't care for movies. I can watch series on Netflix at an alarming rate. At night I pair my Netflix series with some stove-popped popcorn (olive oil and ground sea salt). Favorite series ever: The West Wing, The Walking Dead, and The Good Wife. Honorable mention: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

I graduated from college in 2009 with a comms/PR degree and was a copywriter in advertising for a long 9 months before having my first kid. Since then I've been volunteering as a public affairs member of my church and organizing service projects like our citywide food drive.

I love baking, cooking, sweeping, vacuuming, laundry and cleaning in general. I love being a stay at home mom, but I have the hardest time with the mom part. I love home decor, rearranging rooms, finding solutions to everyday problems and vacuuming out my car. I KNOW. I'm weird.

I started crafting at a young age- I learned cross stitch, knitting, collaging, pastels, acrylics, etc. before I was a teenager. My mom kept a fully stocked craft bin within reach and my sister and I would always be puff painting something! Once we tried to sell painted rocks on the corner of our court like a lemonade stand! Sold tons. ;-)

OTHER LOVES:

sushi

diet dr pepper

nachos w/ extra jalapenos

staying up late

weight lifting

reading all the books

organizing things

podcasts

No comments :

Post a Comment